Dependents of a person who dies as a result of a third party’s negligent action can bring a claim for compensation. The Fatal Injuries Act 1976 allows you to bring a claim where you have lost a loved one due to a third party’s negligent act

At Matt Rowland solicitors we know that Fatal injury cases can be extremely traumatic for families who are grieving for their loved one particularly if that person was financially responsible for them or the breadwinner of the family. So if a loved one dies suddenly as the result of a fatal accident, our expert team of solicitors can guide you and make a claim for the financial compensation we believe you deserve.

We know that bringing a claim for pain and suffering after the death of a loved one or family member is traumatic and overwhelming. Which is why we pledge to give you the best advice, support and update in bringing your compensation claim.

Our specialist Fatal Injury lawyers are experienced and skilled.  We have successfully recovered compensation for defendants of persons who have unfortunately passed away due to a fatal injury. Our lawyers are sympathetic and understand the needs of those who have lost their loved ones due to the negligence of a third party.  If you have lost a loved one or family member as a result of a fatal injury, call us today. 

In addition to recovering compensation on your behalf, our Expert team of Solicitors  can recover 

  • Childcare costs
  • Funeral costs
  • Financial support if your loved one was the primary breadwinner 
  • Household expenses
  • Loss of earnings
  • Medical costs
  • Pension

Dependents who can claim compensation include

  • Children
  • Stepchildren
  • Cohabiting partners (for at least two years)
  • Husbands &Wives (including divorced spouses and annulled marriage)
  • Civil Partners
  • Parents
  • Grandparents
  • Siblings

Parents who have lost a child due to an accident or third-party negligence can also bring a claim for compensation under the Criminal injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

Is there a Time Limit to bring a Fatal injury Compensation Claim? 

If you are bringing your claim for compensation following a fatal injury, you can either bring this as a personal injury claim or criminal injury. Where your loved one suffers a fatal injury as a result of negligence or an accident you can bring a personal injury claim. The time limit for bringing a claim under the limitation Act is 3 years from the date of the incident.

In the case of criminal injury, claims must be made to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority within two years.

How much is my fatal injury claim worth? 

Compensation for Fatal injury claims largely depend on the amount of financial reliance you had on the loved one involved. Each case will be valued differently but be rest assured that our expert team of lawyers will make sure you get the best compensation on your claim.

In the case of criminal injury, claims must be made to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority within two years.

Who pays Compensation in Fatal Injury Claims?

Fatal injury compensation is paid by the insurer of the party liable for the fatal injury, If it is a criminal injury case, compensation is paid by the Criminal injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

How will I pay for my claim? – NO WIN NO FEE

At Matt Rowland Solicitors we believe that everyone should have access to justice when they have sustained an injury through no fault of their own. That’s why most of our personal injury cases are handled on a NO WIN NO FEE basis.

Call us today and start your claim. We offer a free no obligation consultation




BOLTON OFFICE TEL 1: 01204 214 266

BOLTON OFFICE TEL 2: 01204 350 804


Share This